Monday, March 31, 2008

War and Peace





I'll start with the peace...Kennedy went to sleep with no crying tonight!! We "ate" dinner (loose definition of eating), played quietly, then did our normal bed time routine. I layed her down and as I went through the usual stuff she started to do the pouty-lip-big-cry-is-coming look, but she kept looking at her mobile. I kept waiting to hear her crying but by the time I got down stairs, she was asleep!!! I know part of the problem is that she is usually too tired, but it absolute kills me to hear her cry, even if it is usually for a short time, so I love it when she goes to sleep with no tears!




The war is feeding time! First, we have to get a high chair! She really can't sit up that well yet, so I thought she would slide around in the chair. We currently eat in the bounce seat thing. Problem: feet. She loves to play with her feet. She has figured out they can go in her mouth. She likes to do this while eating rice cereal and sweet potatoes. She also thinks its funny to kick at my arm while I'm trying to feed her, but she is such a hoss that she is grabbing my arm and trying to keep the spoon in her mough. (See the pics below for a minor example of the difficulty this causes.) You really have to witness it to understand it fully. It exhausts me! :-) So far, the only vegetables she isn't thrilled about are peas and squash. Green beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes are a hit. We will be moving on to fruits soon. I'm not sure I can bring myself to feed her the prunes :)




I have also include some videos of her latest "talent" as well :-)





No comments: