Saturday, August 2, 2008

9 months!...and CNN here we come

I can't believe Miss Thang is 9 months old! I love watching her grow and change and am amazed at how big she is getting. But, I also get sad thinking of how quickly time has passed since she was the smooshy little thing we brought home from the hospital. (I seem to long for those days a little more when I am out and about trying to do something and she is grabbing everything in sight, throwing it on the floor, and then looking at me like, "Um...you gonna pick that up now?") :-)



Her third tooth has broken thru and its a top one! Soon she will be able to chew instead of eating only dissolvable foods! :-) She still doesn't seem to be a fan of swallowing textured things, but she's going to have to learn to eat solids eventually- I will not be packing baby food in her lunch when she is 10 yrs old. :-)



She's becoming a lot more stable and balanced with standing up and even does it with out holding on for a split second. However, this means she is also become more adventurous, so the injuries will probably increase.



She got a new chair to sit on and she likes to sit in it and have her bottle or "read" (i.e. chew) a good book. Oh! She is actually letting us read some books to her now, instead of just trying to eat them. She is working on turning pages, but I think sometimes it is just a ploy to get it in her hands so she can eat it. She also likes pages with shiney and sparkley pictures- that's my girl! :-)







This is her latest adventure that she explored last week. Apparently, she has seen Annie do it and thought it looked fun. (Sorry the pictures are fuzzy.) But, it has been taken apart now so she can use the walking part of it :-( She seems to like that just as well though.










This is Kennedy just being a goober.



She's my daughter and I love her, but I think this is her redneck picture. With only two teeth, the crooked grin, her shirt that is too big and her head band that looks like a wrap for her rollers, she would be the one person they interviewed on the National news when something happens in Indiana...well, she's probably a little cuter and is more articulate. :-)


2 comments:

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

Wow, so much to say.
1. Love the redneck photo. Priceless.
2. Love the exersaucer photos.
3. Love the new blog look.
4. Could your daughter be any cuter?!

Anonymous said...

"Uuuhhh I saaawwwww eet an I tol Jeb ter go git the cammmquarter, it souned liike a train, a biiig train. Liike 'woooooo'..." ;) Long live the redneck Kenna! ;) I kinda think that's the look I give people when they say "how much longer do you have?" I stick my teeth out like a pirate and say "arrrrrgggggg" gets GREAT reviews. ;) Love you both!