Saturday, January 17, 2009

Previously, on Steph's Blog

It's 6:30 am on a Saturday and I am awake because Deagen and Kennedy have been up most of the night. Yuck. I was very pleased with myself because Degan was sleeping much better than Kennedy. In fact, for about a week before I went back to work, he was sleeping in his basinette, from 8:30pm to 8:00am!! It was glorious! Then. Last Sunday night happen. Yes, the night before I went back to work after break. Did he go to bed nice and sweetly, soothing himself to sleep between 8:30 & 9? Nope. Did he stay awake for 12 whole hours? Nope. Did he fuss and not go to sleep until almost midnight and then wake up several more times, including wanting to eat at 4:30, exactly 45 minutes before I had to get up? Oh yeah. AND he hasn't gone to sleep well or slept soundly since then! Right now he has a cold, AGAIN, so I think that is part of the problem. We are back to sleeping in the bouncy seat, but still wake up alot.

Then this week I get a call at work from Devin's mom , as I'm taking my kids to dismissal, tellin me that K has a fever of 103!! After hounding patiently contacting our fabulous pediatrician I learned that she has a double ear infection and probable strep throat! How is it that my sweet little girl who went her entire 1st year without any MAJOR problems, has had an ear infection, a throat virus, and now this, all in the past 2 months?? Poor thing. Needless to say, her poor sleeping has been even worse this week.


Alright, on to cute pictures of babies...Oooh, but first I have to share pride in my cooking from this week. I have been working very hard to cook more and have healthier food in the past few weeks. I found this site through Katie and made this awesome Chicken Lasagna this week. Obviously, the original recipe wouldn't be considered healthy, but I made several changes to lower the fat and calories, and it was AWESOME!



Kay, back to the kiddos...facebookers, you will recognize some of these pix, but I have three other readers who haven't so they are for their benefit...plus I will (hopefully) post some videos too!

When I need to entertain myself during bathtime...



Deagan's thinking, "You're letting this girl hold me? What kind of parenting skills do you have?"






Seriously?





K thought Maggie looked thirsty







This is what happens when K's in the kitchen while I;m trying to cook.


Here is a video of Deagan for Mimi :-)

Kennedy was just making noise at first, but at the very end she is trying to...um, take care of business.

The neighbors probably thing I am holding her hostage since she often stands at the door and yells at the world outside.

1 comment:

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

Girl, we totally know each other and are friends. Who cares how long ago that was?! :) Those pictures are too cute and I hope you all are sleeping better and feeling better!