Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me Monday


During my blog "viewing" I found this and could really related. So….

Not Me Monday

I did NOT accidently let my daughter eat a piece of dog food before I could get her away from the bowl. (Nursing and chasing a 13 month old is rough.)

I did NOT see an older man I know walking down the stairs and think, “Wow, he’s not getting around too well,” only to realize 30 seconds later that I was going down the stairs the same way.

I did NOT walk into the kitchen, after putting K to bed the other night, to see the giant mess I really needed to clean up, start crying, and walk out.

I did NOT file a fake “Appearance” for a student to appeal a “judgement” in a frivolous lawsuit in Classroom Court. J

I did NOT run to Target in old, navy blue sweat pants and a black sweat shirt because we were out of milk and I was too tired to change out of my pajamas. And while at Target I did NOT wipe Kennedy’s nose with my sleeve because I didn’t have a Kleenex and I would NOT rather have it on my sleeve than have her eat her snot. AND while at Target, in mis-matched, snotty sleaved jammas I definitely did NOT see a guy I used to work with and his son! (It was Seth, Beth!)

5 comments:

Erica said...

I always worry I'll run into someone when I run out in my 'house' clothes or pajamas! Target is my closest store. Have a great day!

Keyona said...

Don't we ALWAYS run into people we know when we aren't looking our best?? :o)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this, Steph! Brings back "fond" memories! Can't wait to get together with you...miss ya!

Connie

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, Seth does not judge. ;) I didn't know you weren't supposed to wear that stuff out - sounds suspiciously like my "Saturday night outfit" ;)

Rachel said...

So Steph, several people had recommended that book and so I got it and am starting tomorrow. Thanks for the advice and I'll keep you posted on how it goes. It was nice to hear your words of support!