Sunday, March 29, 2009

Does Anyone Have A Poncho?

**Update- we have been puke free for 4 hours. He's taken a bottle, not thrown up and is actually sleeping! Yay!

Deagan is sick. Not sure what is wrong with him. He has no fever. No runny nose. But he coughs. And projectile vomits. Everything. Everywhere. Not spit up. I'm not even sure if it is considered vomit, because I think it pretty much goes into his stomach and then comes right back up. All over him. His clothes. His carseat. His mama. It started Thursday, but only happened when he had formula. Pedialyte was safe. And he was still in his normal happy mood. Friday was better, he only got sick twice, and he kept down some formula before bed so that he wasn't so hungry and could go to sleep. Saturday morning he had some bananas and pedialyte and he was good. Around 2:00 he has some formula. He spit up a little around 3:00, then I put him his car seat so we could leave Jenn's house, and up EVERYTHING came. I think maybe the bananas and pedialyte were mixed in there. For the rest of the night everything came back up. He kept 2 oz down before bedtime. This morning we did bananas and pedialyte again and he was fine. I just gave him some pedialyte and he puked it back up. He is super fussy, I assuming he also gets hungry, and doesn't want to sleep. I feel so bad for him. I know something is wrong because even when he had RSV with a double ear infection, he was still happy all the time. However, since he is still pee-ing and has tears, he is not dehydrated so there is nothing doctors can do, very similar when K had several vomit episodes a month or so ago. Yuck.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh HONEY! You are a stronger mom than I would be! If somebody pukes like that I'd probably be in it myself... :)

FYI - did you hear that Bob and HSGG&S have that big mold in the house trial starting next week... I'm sure they'd love to hear from you :)