Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stellan


When I was pregnant with Deagan I began following MckMama and the story of her son, Stellan. He was quite the miracle baby and I have enjoyed reading her blog. (She has a daughter about Kennedy'a age and Stellan is about Deagan's age AND she has two older boys approximately 2 yrs and 3 yrs!!!!) This past weekend Stellan was admitted to the hospital for a very serious heart problems, and he is still there today. I cannot imagine what she is going through. It makes me think about how blessed I am to have two healthy children.


When MckMama was pregnant with Stellan and told that he would not survive, her blog readers started a "Name Gallery" for him. Knowing Norrah has revived the gallery was people pray for baby Stellan.


I was moved to create my own image for the gallery. (The nerdy teacher in me comes out in the fact that I used letters from the cover of children's books.)


It's amazing how emotionally connected you can get to people you have never even met just by reading a blog...or how the blog of someone you do know adds another layer to your friendship. Some people think blogging (or blog stalking) is a silly thing to do, but when I see how many people are touched by the lives of Stellan and Audrey -or inspired and entertained by the thoughts and words of so many amazing women- I realize that the people who haven't jumped on the bloggin' bus are seriously missing out! :-)


1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

I love your photo. Still praying here too.