Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bye Bye Bye

No pics cuz I don't have the camera at the moment, but I will do some more this week.

This past week K has started clapping on her own (prior to this, she would take your hands and clap them together, but not do her own) and kind of waving bye bye. The first time she did it was Saturday afternoon as we were leaving Kroger. The bagger and two cashiers were "talking" as I was checking out and as we left I said "Tell them bye-bye." Her usually response was to grin and look at me like I'm a moron. This time she waved! So, I started squealing and saying, "Yay!! You've waved bye-bye!!" and everyone else in the store looked at me like I was a moron. I got her to do it one more time at home while I pretended to go out the door. Yes, we practice these things so that she will perform on command for others. However, instead of waving, now I can only get her to clap when we are saying bye to people. I don't know if she's confused, or just excited to see the people leave.

On a side note... as I sat here this evening, surfin' the net, listening to the game and eating, it occurred to me the possible cause for me gaining so much weight and looking you could write Goodyear on my butt and float me over the city for the next racing event. I looked down and realized I had finished off an entire container of something (it's too embarrassing to say what). I had "some" last night (i.e. half) and polished it off tonight without even thinking. Then I looked at the nutrition label and saw that in two evenings, I had consumed 1400 calories, 96g of fat, and 196g of sugar. And, it was "not a significant source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C or calcium." This is in addition to anything else I had today! This could POSSIBLE be the reason that next week I have to go to the zoo and use the elephant scale before my doctors appointment. I kid, I kid!!! Anyway, just thought I would share a few embarrassing tidbits from my life. OH!!!! That reminds me of one that is worse, but it is still very fresh and was in public, so I will have to write about that one when I have decided it was funny and not just humiliating. :-)

No comments: