Friday, February 6, 2009

Grossed out Blessed

I have been puked on and pooped on more times this week that I really feel is acceptable. Kennedy was super sick on Tuesday and we spent several hours in the ER, just so they could tell me that they really couldn't do anything and I just needed to watch her for dehydration. (While we were at the ER Degan puked on me- and I mean projectile puking, not just a little spit up- twice and then did it again Tuesday night, all over my pants. It was awesome.) The vomiting finally stopped, and then she had diarrhea. Now she's started vomiting again. And so has Devin. And so has his mom. And so has my mom. I have not. Yet- if God lets me clean up all this puke and poop AND lets me get sick and have to clean up my own, I will be very sad with him. ;-) I am leaving work a little early this afternoon to take K to the doctor. I believe this will be my 4th or 5th visit to her in about 1.5 months. Mimi was awesome enough to help out by taking Deagan for a few hours this afternoon since both K & Devin are sick....but I have the car seat base in my car at work and our extra one is in Devin's mom's car!!! Will the madness never cease?!?!?!?!

With all the pooping and puking going on at home and work being AWFUL, Wednesday night I thought I would indulge in a glass of wine. Red wine. (Yes, you know where this is going) I needed it. No, I just wanted it. Well, guess what. It spilled. On the carpet. Wine. Red wine. I was super excited about that.

However, with all of the stinky stuff that has been going on this week, I still realize that I am extremely blessed. Even though they are sick now, it is a sickness that will pass soon. There are many parents who have children with horrible diseases that haunt them everyday. There are parents who have lost children or who will lose their children in the near future. As I read the blogs about children and families who are suffering, watch the news footage about the elementary child killed by the bus, and listen to the Riley Radio-athon, I do realize that I am very lucky....but I still complain sometimes. (I never said I was perfect.) :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is a 'Zach Morris' cell phone tshirt?! Why have I not heard of this before? DISH!