Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

I know, I know, it’s been forever since I’ve posted. I’ve started to write some posts in word documents so I could copy/paste them with the pictures when I have time, but I never seem to have the time! Two weekends ago Devin and I went to Vegas for a short, cheap getaway. It was actually a pretty nice time. The weather was just a little warmer than here, but being sunny and 50 felt like a heat wave to us. We some exciting moments because we saw the director Kevin Smith in the Cincinnati airport, we got to meet Wayne Brady, and I saw one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta with her football player husband in the Las Vegas airport on the way home! It was cool because the hotel was a freaking deal but was super nice. I felt very cool in the hotel room….and then I would walk out and see all the glamorous, and remember who I really was :-) (And now I have the Fergie song in my head…g-l-a-m…)


Deagan is just as cute as can be! He smiles & laughs all the time and it is adorable!!! He doesn’t nap too well during the day, but she sleeps pretty well at night so that is awesome. He is very close to rolling over from his back to his tummy. He pushes himself around with his legs a lot. He has rolled from his tummy to his back twice, but the rest of the time he gets one arm stuck underneath him.


I can’t believe he is 5 months old already!!! He still looks so little to me, and I can’t believe how quickly the past months have flown by. He has started eating rice cereal- and I use the term “eating” very loosely. For such a little guy he can really chug back the milk, so I figured he would be excited to get something more feeling. I don’t think he realizes what it is yet!





Kennedy is becoming a bigger goober by the minute! She’s a little stinker and likes to test the limits by doing things she knows she is not supposed to and then laugh about it. She has also found a new fun hobby of putting her butt in Deagan’s face when he is playing on the floor, farting, and then giggling about it. Ahhh, she is such a lady. J She has also started screaming/squealing when she doesn’t get something she wants. Do the terrible two’s start at 16 months?

I am excited because she has started doing the signs for “eat” and “more”. Her verbal skills seem a little behind, so I’m excited that she is communicating in other ways.





I don't think Kennedy is happy with Deagan using "her" toys...well, she kinda thinks any toy is her toy. Anyway, when he is "playing" with (i.e.- lying underneath) something she thinks is hers, she has to use it with him or try to move him out of the way. I think Deagan is over it.


Kennedy has been really into her toes lately. It's funny. She only takes off one sock, though. She will take off one, mess with her foot, and then continue playing with just one sock on. She's a crazy girl.

We have a gate up. She hates it. I take pictures of her and her misery. :-)


I had to take them to have their weight checked last weekend. Kennedy rang in at a hefty 18 lbs 10 oz which is awesome because she was down in 18 when she was sick. Deagan was up to 12 lbs 5 oz which is excellent since he is over 5 months old and 3-6 month clothes, allegedly, start at 12/12.5 lbs.


No comments: